Life in Roatán, Honduras

Updated: Jul 14, 2020

🇪🇸 Para Español desplazarse hacia abajo

🇮🇹 Per Italiano dopo la traduzione in Spagnolo

January 13th, 2007 - Our arrival in Roatán.

It's a bit tricky that I’m writing this story 13 years after it's narrative, but I will try to the best of my ability to write all the memories this amazing experience has given me the pleasure to live. Additionally, I want to inform you that at the end of this post I’ll be sharing a paranormal experience, so don’t go anywhere!

The entire flight from Italy to Roatan, I was in tears. I was still in shock of the drastic change we were going to have, and still not understanding my parent's decision. Thankfully, Emy, the family dog, was able to be on my lap throughout the whole flight.

If I'm not mistaken, our first stay was at Tropico Italiano. They were rental cabins located at the beginning of West End. Like the name, it was a place where many Italians lived. We stayed here for about 2 weeks, in which all I remember, was that mosquitoes loved me. I also remember that I would go crazy anytime I’d pick up free wifi on my laptop to play The Sims and my parents becoming friends with an Italian man named Michelino.

From there, we moved to a beautiful 2 bedroom house up on a hill in Sandy Bay, opposite of Anthony’s Keys where we had a view of the ocean.

As soon as we moved to this new place, my parents enrolled my sister and me in ESBIR, a private bilingual school in Coxen Hole. Spanish and English were the languages, and it ran from Kindergarten up to High School.

My first day of school was a disaster! I had to read in Spanish in front of the whole class, and everyone, including my teacher, was laughing at me. Let's not even talk about English, whenever I had classes in English I could not understand a word! I already mentioned in my previous post how bad I was in school, especially in Maths and English.

While my sister and I were in school, my parents opened up a Pizzeria-Restaurant in Coxen Hole, where you could see the planes departing and arriving from the airport of the island.

In our third month living here, we had to renew our visas, so we had to get out of the country for 3 days. We went on a quick trip to Belize.

Once back, around my fourth month on the island, I knew how to speak Spanish decently, and 6 months later, I was speaking English! Not the greatest, but I was able to understand and communicate a bit. I would also teach myself by listening to music in English while singing along to the lyrics, watch movies with subtitles, and look up words I could not understand.

Also, while living in Sandy Bay, my parents had my neighbor, Ana, an Honduran teenage girl originally from Tela, a city on the Mainland, to come over to the house to give English lessons to my sister and me.

With time, in school, I became really good friends with some classmates: Tirza, Elsa, and April. I was friends with others, but these three were my "best friends". After 6 months, I was happy, I had friends, I would always have/go to sleepovers. My friend’s families had awesome places, Tirza's family owned a hotel in West End and another friend was pretty much the owner of Anthony's Keys... which would give us free access to kayaks, pool, private island, etc. I was living a good life. The only downside of the island is that as far as entertainment, there was not much back then. If you wanted to go shopping at the mall, you had to catch a ferry and go to the mainland in La Ceiba. Most people in Roatan had dual citizenship, they would go to the US in the summertime and come back the rest of the year to attend school. At the end of it all, Roatan is an island, and living on an island has its beauty and perks, but also its disadvantages, the biggest one: the power goes off numerous times throughout the week, and with power leaving, so did the water. Hotels and people with money had generators, once the power would go off, their generators would turn on and provide them with energy, which was nice for them.

My mother was training and getting certifications with PADI at Splash Inn, in West End. She offered me several times to join, but I was always scared and never did it.

I preferred to spend my time with my friend Tirza and get together “for school stuff” when in reality, I would go to her place, and just set up a Hi5 account and customize it. Hi5 was like Facebook back then, everyone was using it. Not to mention Tirza and me were BAD in school, getting bad grades and high fiving each other when we would fail a test, until one day I saw my parents at school. The principal had called them in to inform them about my bad grades and how I had to give my best to pass the school year. I got scared, stopped slacking and started working hard. The moment I heard I could lose the school year and heard my mom yelling that she pays for me to go there, I stopped being silly and rolled up my sleeves.

On a random day, while my sister and I were in school and my parents at work, thieves broke into our house. Emy was the only one at home, and thank God nothing happened to her, but this was a definite turn-off. We had some documents stolen, some electronics, and my beloved new Vaio laptop. This laptop was brand new and was kind of a best friend, I would always play my Sims game on it, and look up things online for school.

This unfortunate event, not for the material loss, but safety, made us move out and go somewhere else. We moved to Magda Apartments. These apartments were around the same area as Tropico Italiano.

Once we moved to this new place, life was good, we got another pet, Paquita, a female parrot that only loved my dad and would bite all of the females in the house, including Emy. Weekends were spent in West Bay or with my parents driving to the opposite side of the island in Punta Gorda, where the Garifunas would dance all day long.

An Italian friend of my father, invited us to his house and he had a monkey as a pet. I remember we went with this friend and his monkey to Punta Gorda on one occasion, and all was nice and fun until at some point the monkey started to hump my shoulder and ended up hugging my neck and peeing on me.

It was cool, I mean, it's something I still remember it vividly.

My parents were being so successful with their business that they decided to expand it and open up another restaurant, and it happened to be located just at the end of the road from our new house. The place where they were going to put up their business was awesome! It was located in a pretty square, where there were places to rent for shops and restaurants and behind this square, there was a deep swimming pool for people to practice before diving into the ocean.

It took my parents 2-3 months to buy all the kitchen equipment from the States for the restaurant and it was on their agreement that they’d start paying rent to the owner, an English man, once the restaurant would be open for business, but sadly things didn’t go as planned and this was the reason we left Roatan.

It was a whole mess how this English man started demanding rent when my parent’s business wasn’t even open and so my parents were forced to put in a lawyer, but sadly, corruption is everywhere, and even more in Roatan. After a couple of months of fighting, and realizing that this man bought my parent’s lawyer, as well as another lawyer my parents put in the case, they didn’t see any purpose on staying and called it quits, “let’s move on”. I was mad again but there’s nothing I could have done. The plan was to drive to Colombia and try to see how things would go there. My mom said, “In the end, it is my country, and since we are up for adventures, let’s go”.

Before I move on with the continuation of our nomad life, I’ll tell you my paranormal experience.

Since my parents decided we had to move on, I was once again very sad, and couldn’t stop crying. I was sadder than when we left Italy because I had created a good bond with my friends and felt happy with our new life and things had to change once again.

One afternoon, days before we left the island, my mother was in my sister's room and mine trying to get a suitcase from the top shelf of our closet. My mother asked me to hold the chair she was using while standing on it to reach the top of the closet. From the corner of my eye, I saw my sister sitting down on the edge of the bed with her head down looking at her hands. A few seconds later, I hear my dad and sister talking in the living room. My heart dropped. Immediately, I thought to myself, “if Roxy is in the other room talking with my dad, who the heck is this?”. As soon as I asked that question in my head, I opened my eyes wide open as my mum yelled, "Ay!”, while quickly coming down from the chair. I immediately turned around to see the figure on the bed and I saw it disappear before my eyes. My mom was agitated, she felt uncomfortable and dizzy, that’s why she was abruptly coming down the chair and I asked her if she saw the silhouette. She claims she didn’t but she did feel some type of energy in the bedroom, that’s why she came down. I was in shock for a while and slept with my parents for the remainder of our time in Roatan. Once I will get to tell you about our adventure in Cali, Colombia, you will discover more about this occurrence.

(Photos of us in Roatan can be found at the bottom of this post)


13 de enero de 2007 - Nuestra llegada a Roatán.

Es un poco complicado escribir esta historia 13 años después de su narración, pero intentaré lo mejor que pueda para escribir todos los recuerdos que esta increíble experiencia me ha dado el placer de vivir. Además, quiero informarle que al final de esta publicación compartiré una experiencia paranormal, ¡así que no vaya a ningún lado!

Todo el vuelo desde Italia a Roatán, me la pasé llorando. Todavía estaba en shock por el cambio drástico que íbamos a tener, y todavía no entendía la decisión de mis padres. Afortunadamente, Emy, la perrita de la familia, pudo estar sentada en mi regazo durante todo el vuelo.

Si no me equivoco, nuestra primera estancia fue en Tropico Italiano. Eran cabañas de alquiler ubicadas al comienzo de West End. Como su nombre, era un lugar donde vivían muchos italianos. Nos quedamos aquí durante aproximadamente 2 semanas, en el que me recuerdo que los mosquitos me amaban. También me recuerdo que me volvía loca cada vez que encontraba wifi gratis en mi computadora portátil para jugar a Los Sims, y mis padres se hicieran amigos de un hombre italiano llamado Michelino.

Desde allí, nos mudamos a una hermosa casa de 2 dormitorios en una colina en Sandy Bay, frente a Anthony's Keys, donde teníamos una vista del océano. Tan pronto que nos mudamos a este nuevo lugar, mis padres inscribieron a mi hermana y a mí en ESBIR, una escuela privada bilingüe en Coxen Hole. Los idiomas de la escuela eran español y el inglés, y abarcaba desde el jardín de infantes hasta la escuela secundaria.

¡Mi primer día de escuela fue un desastre! Tuve que leer en español frente a toda la clase, y todos, incluido mi maestra, se reían de mí. ¡Ni siquiera hablemos de inglés, cuando tenía clases de inglés no podía entender ni una palabra! Ya mencioné en mi publicación anterior lo mal que era en la escuela, especialmente en matemáticas e inglés.

Mientras mi hermana y yo estábamos en la escuela, mis padres abrieron una pizzería-restaurante en Coxen Hole, donde se podían ver los aviones que salían y llegaban desde el aeropuerto de la isla. En nuestro tercer mes viviendo aquí, tuvimos que renovar nuestras visas, así que tuvimos que salir del país por 3 días. Hicimos un viaje rápido a Belice.

Una vez de regreso, alrededor de mi cuarto mes en la isla, sabía cómo hablar español decentemente, y 6 meses después, ¡hablaba inglés! No era el mejor, pero podía entender y comunicarme un poco. También me enseñaba sola escuchando música en inglés mientras cantaba las letras, miraba películas con subtítulos y cuándo no entendía una palabras, buscaba el significado de ellas. Además, mientras vivíamos en Sandy Bay, mis padres hicieron que mi vecina, Ana, una adolescente hondureña originaria de Tela, una ciudad en el tierra firme, viniera a la casa para darnos clases de inglés a mi hermana y a mí.

Con el tiempo, en la escuela, me hice muy buena amiga de algunas compañeras de clase: Tirza, Elsa y April. También era amiga de otras, pero estas tres eran mis "mejores amigas”.

Después de 6 meses, estaba feliz, tenía amigas, siempre tenía / iba a pijamadas. Las familias de mis amigas tenían lugares increíbles, la familia de Tirza era propietaria de un hotel en West End y otro amiga era prácticamente la dueña de Anthony's Keys ... lo cual nos daba acceso gratuito a kayaks, piscina, isla privada, etc. Estaba viviendo una buena vida. El único inconveniente de la isla es que, en lo que respecta al entretenimiento, no había mucho en ese entonces. Si querías ir de compras al centro comercial, tenías que tomar un ferry e ir a tierra firme en La Ceiba. La mayoría de las personas en Roatán tenían doble ciudadanía, irían a los Estados Unidos en verano y regresarían el resto del año para asistir a la escuela. Al final de todo, Roatán es una isla, y vivir en una isla tiene su belleza y sus ventajas, pero también sus desventajas, la más importante: la energía se apaga varias veces durante la semana, y con la pérdida de energía, también se íba el agua. Los hoteles y las personas con dinero tenían generadores, una vez que se cortaba la electricidad, sus generadores se encendían y les proporcionaban energía, lo cual era bueno para ellos.

Mi madre estaba entrenando y obteniendo certificaciones con PADI en Splash Inn, en West End. Ella me ofreció varias veces unirme, pero siempre tenía miedo y nunca lo hice.

Prefería pasar mi tiempo con mi amiga Tirza y reunirme "para hacer tareas" cuando, en realidad, iba a su casa, y simplemente configuraba una cuenta Hi5 y la personalizaba. Hi5 era como Facebook en ese entonces, todos lo usaban. Sin mencionar que Tirza y yo éramos MALAS en la escuela, sacábamos malas notas y nos sacábamos las palmas cuando fallecíamos en un examen, hasta que un día vi a mis padres en la escuela. El director los había llamado para informarles sobre mis malas calificaciones y cómo tenía que dar lo mejor de mí para pasar el año escolar. Me asusté, dejé de aflojar y comencé a trabajar duro. El momento en que escuché que podía perder el año escolar y escuchando a mi madre gritar que me pagaba por ir a esa escuela, dejé de ser tonta y me arremangué.

En un día como otros, mientras mi hermana y yo estábamos en la escuela y mis padres en el trabajo, los ladrones se entraron en nuestra casa. Emy era la única en casa, y gracias a Dios no le pasó nada, pero esto fue definitivamente una desilusión. Nos robaron algunos documentos, algunos dispositivos electrónicos y mi nueva y querida computadora portátil Vaio. Esta computadora portátil era completamente nueva y era una especie de mejor amiga, siempre jugaba a mi juego de Sims y buscaba cosas en línea para la escuela.

Este desafortunado evento, no por la pérdida material, sino por la seguridad, nos hizo mudar e irnos a otro lado.

Nos habíamos mudamos a unos apartamentos llamados Magda Apartments. Estos apartamentos estában alrededor de la misma área que Tropico Italiano.

Una vez que nos mudamos a este nuevo lugar, la vida era buena, obtuvimos otra mascota, Paquita, una loro hembra que solo amaba a mi padre y mordía a todas las hembras de la casa, incluso Emy. Los fines de semana se pasaban en West Bay o con mis papas manejando al lado opuesto de la isla, en Punta Gorda, donde los garífunas bailaban todo el día.

Un amigo italiano de mi padre, nos invitó a su casa y tenía un mono como mascota. Recuerdo que en una ocasión fuimos con este amigo y su mono a Punta Gorda, y todo fue agradable y divertido hasta que en un momento, el mono comenzó a abrazar mi cuello y terminó orinárse en mis hombros.

Fue genial, quiero decir, es algo que todavía recuerdo vívidamente.

Mis padres estaban teniendo tanto éxito con su negocio que decidieron expander y abrir otro restaurante, y resultó que este nuevo negocio que iban a abrir estaba ubicado justo al final de la calle de nuestra nueva casa.

¡El lugar donde iban a poner sus negocios era increíble! Estaba ubicado en una bonita plaza donde había lugares para alquilar para tiendas y restaurantes y detrás de esta plaza había una piscina profunda para que la gente practicara antes de sumergirse en el océano.

Mis padres se demoraron por ahí unos 2-3 meses para comprar todo el equipo de cocina para el restaurante, que todo lo que ordenaban llegaba desde los Estados Unidos, y acordaron con el propietario, un señor de Inglaterra, que comenzarían a pagar el alquiler del lugar, una vez que el restaurante estuviera abierto, pero lamentablemente las cosas no salieron según lo planeado y esta fue la razón por la que dejamos Roatán.

Fue todo un desastre cómo este señor Inglés comenzó a exigir el alquiler cuando el negocio de mis padres ni siquiera estaba abierto, y eso es lo que habían acordado, así que en ese momento, mis padres se vieron obligados a contratar a un abogado, pero lamentablemente, la corrupción está en todas partes, y aún más en Roatán. Después de un par de meses de peleas, y al mis padres enterarse que este hombre compró el abogado de ellos, ellos pusieron otro abogado, pero también era corrupto y se hizo comprar por el señor Ingles, así que mis padres cansados de pelear y perder plata, no vieron ningún propósito en quedarse en la isla, y así decidieron que era hora de “seguir adelante”. Yo estaba enojada de nuevo pero no había nada que podría haber hecho. El plan era conducir hasta Colombia y intentar a ver cómo nos iban a ir las cosas allá. Mi madre dijo: "Al final, es mi país, y como estamos listos para aventuras, vamos”.

Antes de continuar con la continuación de nuestra vida nómada, les contaré mi experiencia paranormal.

Como mis padres decidieron que teníamos que seguir adelante, me puse muy triste y no podía dejar de llorar. Estaba más triste que cuando salimos de Italia, porque había creado un buen vínculo con mis amigas y me sentía feliz con nuestra nueva vida, pero las cosas tenían que cambiar una vez más.

Una tarde, días antes de que saliéramos de la isla, mi madre estaba en la habitación de mi hermana y la mía tratando de sacar una maleta del estante superior de nuestro armario. Mi madre me pidió que sostuviera la silla que estaba usando mientras estaba parada sobre ella para alcanzar la parte superior del armario. Por el rabillo del ojo, vi a mi hermana sentada en el borde de la cama con la cabeza agachada mirando sus manos. Unos segundos después, escucho a mi papá y mi hermana hablando en la sala de estar. Se me cayó el corazón. Inmediatamente, pensé "si Roxy está en la otra habitación hablando con mi papá, ¿quién diablos es esta?” Tan pronto que me hice esa pregunta en mi cabeza, abrí los ojos de par en par cuando mi madre gritó: "¡Ay!", Mientras bajaba rápidamente de la silla. Inmediatamente me di la vuelta para ver la figura en la cama y vi que desaparecía ante mis ojos. Mi madre estaba agitada, se sentía incómoda y mareada, por eso bajó bruscamente de la silla y le pregunté si había visto la silueta. Ella dijo que no, pero sintió algún tipo de energía en la habitación, por eso bajó de la silla. Estuve en shock por un tiempo y dormí con mis padres por el resto de nuestro tiempo en Roatán. Una vez que les contaré sobre nuestra aventura de Cali, Colombia, descubrirán más sobre esto.

(Fotos de nosotros en Roatán se pueden encontrar al final de esta publicación)


13 gennaio 2007 - Il nostro arrivo a Roatán.

È un po 'difficile scrivere questa storia dopo 13 anni, ma farò del mio meglio per scrivere tutti i ricordi che questa incredibile esperienza mi ha dato il piacere di vivere. Inoltre, voglio informarvi che alla fine di questo post condividerò un'esperienza paranormale, quindi non andare da nessuna parte!

Ho passato tutto il volo dall'Italia a Roatan, piangendo. Ero ancora scioccata dal drastico cambiamento che avremmo avuto ed ancora non capivo la decisione dei miei genitori. Fortunatamente, Emy, il cane di famiglia, è stata in grado di sedersi sulle mie ginocchia durante tutto il volo.

Se non sbaglio, il nostro primo soggiorno è stato al Tropico Italiano. Erano cabine a noleggio situate all'inizio del West End.

Come il suo nome, era un luogo in cui vivevano molti italiani. Siamo stati qui per circa 2 settimane, in cui mi ricordo che le zanzare mi amavano.

Ricordo anche di impazzire ogni volta che trovavo connessioni di wifi gratuite sul mio laptop per giocare a i Sims, ed i miei genitori erano diventati amici con un uomo Italiano di nome Michelino.

Da lì, ci siamo trasferiti in una bella casa con 2 camere da letto su una collina a Sandy Bay, di fronte a Anthony's Keys, da cui avevamo una bellissima vista dell’oceano.

Non appena ci siamo trasferiti in questo nuovo posto, i miei genitori hanno iscritto me e mia sorella all'ESBIR, una scuola privata bilingue a Coxen Hole. Le lingue della scuola erano lo spagnolo e l'inglese e c’era la scuola materna e tutti i gradi fino al liceo.

Il mio primo giorno di scuola è stato un disastro! Ho dovuto leggere in spagnolo di fronte a tutta la classe e tutti, incluso la mia insegnante, ridevano di me. Non ne parliamo nemmeno dell’inglese, quando avevo lezioni in inglese non riuscivo a capire una parola! Ho già menzionato nel mio precedente post quanto andavo male a scuola, specialmente nelle materie di matematica ed inglese.

Mentre io e mia sorella eravamo a scuola, i miei genitori aprirono un ristorante-pizzeria a Coxen Hole, dove si vedevano gli aerei in partenza e in arrivo dall'aeroporto dell'isola.

Nel nostro terzo mese di vita qui, abbiamo dovuto rinnovare i nostri visti. Per il rinnovo, siamo andati a Belize per 3 giorni.

Una volta tornati, intorno al nostro quarto mese vivendo sull'isola, sapevo parlare decentemente lo spagnolo e 6 mesi dopo parlavo inglese! Non era il migliore, ma potevo capirlo e comunicare un po ‘. Cercavo anche di impararlo da sola, ascoltando musica in inglese mentre cantavo i testi, guardavo i film con i sottotitoli e quando non capivo una parola, cercavo il suo significato nel dizionario. Inoltre, vivendo a Sandy Bay, i miei genitori facevano venire a casa nostra la nostra vicina, Ana, un'adolescente Honduregna originalmente di Tela (una città sulla terraferma) per insegnare l'inglese a mia sorella ed io.

Nel tempo, a scuola, sono diventata molto amica di alcune compagne di classe: Tirza, Elsa ed Aprile. Ero anche amica di altre, ma queste tre erano le mie "migliori amiche”. Dopo 6 mesi, ero felice, avevo amiche, avevo sempre / o andavo a sleepovers. I genitori delle mie amiche avevano posti meravigliosi, la famiglia di Tirza possedeva un hotel a West End e un’altra amica era praticamente la proprietaria di Anthony's Keys ... quello significava l'accesso gratuito a kayak, piscine, isole private, ecc. Stavo vivendo una bella vita.

L'unico aspetto negativo dell'isola è che quando si trattava di intrattenimento non c'era molto allora. Se volevi fare shopping al centro commerciale, dovevi prendere un traghetto e andare sulla terraferma a La Ceiba. La maggior parte delle persone a Roatan avevano doppia cittadinanza, molti andavano negli Stati Uniti in estate e tornavano per il resto dell'anno per frequentare la scuola. Alla fine di tutto, Roatan è un’isola, e vivere su un'isola ha la sua bellezza e i suoi vantaggi, ma anche i suoi svantaggi, il più importante: l'energia se ne va parecchie volte durante la settimana e senza energia, non c’era ne anche l’acqua.

Mia madre si stava allenando per ottenere le certificazioni PADI allo Splash Inn a West End. Mi ha offerto diverse volte di unirmi, ma avevo sempre paura e non l'ho mai fatto.Preferito trascorrere il tempo con la mia amica Tirza e riunirmi "per fare i compiti" quando, in realtà, andavo a casa sua a personalizzare il mio account Hi5. Hi5 in quel tempo, era come Facebook, tutti lo usavano.

Per non parlare del fatto che Tirza e io non andavamo per niente bene a scuola, ottenevamo sempre voti scarsi, ma noi la prendevamo come un gioco, fino a quando un giorno ho visto i miei genitori a scuola. Il preside li aveva chiamati per informarli dei miei scarsi voti e di come avrei dovuto fare del mio meglio per superare l'anno scolastico. Mi sono spaventata, ho smesso di essere pigra e ho iniziato a lavorare sodo. Nel momento in cui ho sentito che potevo perdere l'anno scolastico e sentendo mia madre urlare che mi stava pagando per andare a quella scuola, ho smesso di essere sciocca e mi sono rimboccata le maniche.

In un giorno come gli altri, mentre io e mia sorella eravamo a scuola e i miei genitori erano al lavoro, i ladri hanno fatto irruzione in casa nostra. Emy era l'unica a casa, e grazie a Dio non le è successo nulla, ma questa è stata sicuramente una delusione. Ci hanno rubato alcuni documenti, certi dispositivi elettronici e il mio amato nuovo laptop Vaio. Questo laptop era nuovo di zecca e ci giocavo sempre ai Sims e mi assistiva online per fare compiti o progetti per la scuola. Questo sfortunato evento, non per la perdita materiale, ma a causa della sicurezza, ci ha costretti a spostarci altrove. Ci eravamo trasferiti a Magda Apartments. Questi appartamenti erano nella stessa zona di Tropico Italiano.

Una volta che ci siamo trasferiti in questi nuovi appartamenti, la nostra vita era bella, abbiamo persino preso un altro animale domestico, Paquita, una pappagallo femmina che amava solo mio padre e mordeva tutte le femmine della casa, incluso Emy. I fine settimana si trascorrevano a West Bay o con i miei genitori guidando verso il lato opposto dell'isola, a Punta Gorda, dove i Garifuna ballavano tutto il giorno. Un giorno, un amico Italiano di mio padre ci aveva invitati a casa sua ed aveva una scimmia come animale domestico. Ricordo che in un'occasione siamo andati con questo amico e la sua scimmia a Punta Gorda, e tutto è stato piacevole e divertente fino a quando, ad un certo punto, la scimmia ha iniziato ad abbracciarmi il collo e mi ha urinato sulle spalle.

È stato grandioso, voglio dire, è qualcosa che ricordo ancora vividamente.

I miei genitor stavano avendo così tanto successo nella loro attività che decisero di espandersi e aprire un altro ristorante, e si scoprì che questa nuova attività che stavano per aprire si trovava proprio in fondo alla strada della nostra nuova casa. Il luogo in cui avrebbero messo la loro attività era incredibile! Si trovava in una graziosa piazzetta dove c'erano posti in noleggio per negozi e ristoranti e dietro di questa piazzetta c'era una profonda piscina per le persone praticare prima di immergersi nell’oceano.

I miei genitori impiegarono circa 2-3 mesi per acquistare tutte le attrezzature da cucina per il ristorante, che tutto ciò che ordinavano proveniva dagli Stati Uniti e concordarono con il proprietario, un uomo dall'Inghilterra, che avrebbero iniziato a pagare l'affitto del posto, una volta aperto il ristorante, ma purtroppo le cose non sono andate come previsto e questo è stato il motivo per cui abbiamo lasciato Roatan.

È stato un vero disastro come questo inglese abbia iniziato a chiedere l'affitto quando l'attività dei miei genitori non era nemmeno aperta, ed è quello che avevano concordato, quindi a quel tempo i miei genitori sono stati costretti ad assumere un avvocato, ma sfortunatamente, la corruzione è ovunque, e ancora di più a Roatan.

Dopo un paio di mesi di combattimenti, e quando i miei genitori hanno scoperto che quest'uomo ha comprato il loro avvocato, hanno messo un altro avvocato, ma anche quello era corrotto e si è fatto comprare dal signor Inglese, quindi i miei genitori, stanchi di combattere e perdere soldi, non videro alcun motivo per restare sull'isola, e così decisero che era tempo di "andare avanti".

Io ero arrabbiata ma non c'era nulla che avrei potuto fare. Il piano era di guidare in Colombia e cercare di vedere come sarebbero andate le cose lì. Mia madre disse: "Alla fine, è il mio paese, e dato che siamo pronti per avventure, andiamo."

Prima di continuare con la continuazione della nostra vita nomade, vi parlerò della mia esperienza paranormale.

Dato che i miei genitori decisero che dovevamo andare avanti, ero molto triste e non riuscivo a smettere di piangere. Ero più triste di quando abbiamo lasciato l'Italia, perché avevo creato un buon legame con le mie amiche ed ero felice della nostra nuova vita, ma le cose dovevano cambiare di nuovo.

Un pomeriggio, giorni prima che lasciassimo l'isola, mia madre era nella stanza di mia sorella e la mia cercando di prendere una valigia dallo scaffale più alto del nostro armadio. Mia madre mi chiese di tenere la sedia che stava usando stando su di essa per raggiungere la parte superiore dell'armadio.

Con la coda dell'occhio, vidi mia sorella seduta sul bordo del letto con la testa abbassata che si stava guardando le mani.

Pochi secondi dopo, sento mio padre e mia sorella parlare in salotto. Mi è caduto il cuore.

Immediatamente, ho pensato "se Roxy è nell'altra stanza a parlare con mio padre, chi diavolo è questa?” Non appena mi sono posta quella domanda nella mia testa, ho spalancato gli occhi quando mia madre ha urlato "Ah!", Mentre scendeva rapidamente dalla sedia.

Mi sono girata immediatamente per vedere la figura sul letto e l'ho vista scomparire davanti ai miei occhi.

Mia madre era agitata, si sentiva a disagio e con le vertigini, così scese bruscamente dalla sedia e le chiesi se avesse visto la silhouette.

Ha detto di no, ma ha sentito una sorta di energia nella stanza, per quello era scesa dalla sedia.

Sono rimasta scioccata per un po’ e ho dormito con i miei genitori per il resto del nostro tempo a Roatan.

Una volta che vi parlerò della nostra avventura a Cali, in Colombia, scoprirete di più su questo.

(Foto di noi in Roatán in basso)

#roatan #roatanhonduras #livinginroatan #caribbean #lifeinthecaribbean #honduras #roatanbayisland #vivereneicaraibi #vivirenelcaribe #vivirenisla #vivereinisola #valsjourneys #valsjourneysblog #centroamerica #americacentral #centralamerica #blogenespañol #bloginitaliano #vidanomada #viajarenfamilia #vitanomade #nomadlife #nomadfamily #famiglianomade #familianomada

62 views0 comments

Leave a comment!



Endless travel stories &
 travel tips all in one place!
  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • YouTube
  • Grey Instagram Icon
  • Pinterest
  • TripAdvisor